I need help setting up a private, home DNS server

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue May 8 22:13:06 UTC 2001

What version of BIND came with RH 6.2? If it was some version of BIND 8, then
it shouldn't be too hard to run the same configuration under BIND 9 (see the
doc/misc/migration file for caveats, tips, etc. on BIND 8->BIND 9 migration).

If it was BIND 4, then you could still go the migration route -- use the
named-bootconf utility to convert your named.boot file into a named.conf file.

Or, you could just set this up from scratch. Sounds like you just need "forward
only" and "forwarders" clauses in your options statement, and a master-zone
definition for "acme.pri".

- Kevin