named crashes (with nothing written to log?)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue May 8 22:07:32 UTC 2001

Well, SERVFAIL can be any number of things. It could be a network latency
problem, where queries to all the nameservers for a domain, e.g. aol.com are
timing out.

How is your nameserver set up to resolve Internet names, by the way? If
you're using forwarding, maybe the forwarders are having problems.

You might have to turn on debug mode to get to the bottom of this problem.

- Kevin