Dynamic DNS.

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri May 25 21:26:15 UTC 2001

I'm having difficulty comprehending your question (forehead?).

If you want your nameserver to give randomized answers for a particular query,
then add all 3 or 4 addresses as A records for the name, and define a "random"
rrset-order for that particular name, on all of the authoritative servers for
the zone. Note that other servers may cache the answer and give it back out in
cyclic aka "round-robin" order which will interfere slightly with the
randomness, but probably not enough to be noticeable.

- Kevin