cnames...

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun Mar 4 22:34:57 UTC 2001

At 10:54 AM -0800 3/4/01, Tal Dayan wrote:

>  My main point is that the singular restriction of
>  CNAME-everywhere-except-for-the-domain-itself of the standard and/or BIND is
>  not the prefered behavior from a user viewpoint but a result of some
>  historic and technical issues.
>
>  Let's recognize this first.

	Fine, but there are still the technical issues to be dealt with.
There are technical reasons behind those technical issues, and until
you can wave your magic wand and make those technical reasons go away
or become no longer a problem, there are simply some things that
you're going to have to live with.