nslookup - help.

Ashley_E_Andrews at rush.edu Ashley_E_Andrews at rush.edu
Fri Mar 2 16:45:49 UTC 2001

Hello,

when using nslookup on one of the DNS servers here I can type for example
test1.test and nslookup gives the response I am looking for - and automatically
adds on to the end the last two segments rpslmc.edu - I don't have to.  On
another DNS machine here this is not happening.  When I type in test1.test -
nslookup states it can't find test1.test. :NXDOMAIN.  I guess I do not
understand where nslookup pulls the last two segments in the host name from (in
this case rpslmc.edu).  Strange that it works on one machine and not the other
since they are using the same software?

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ashley Andrews