Ignorebots was Re: Comments re BIND on Win32?

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 20:26:15 UTC 2001

Thor Kottelin wrote:

> That probably won't happen in this case. For me, the above problems aren't
> big enough to justify wasting time on feeding another ISC ignorebot like
> bind-suggest at isc.org and listmaster at isc.org.

Hmm - my last mailing to the bug list was acknowledged and a
patch sent within 24 hours (I wasn't timing), and that was
for an alpha release. Even Linux kernel bugs can take longer
than that to get fixed!

If you don't report them, they'll never get fixed.

Judging by the changes in 9.2 I suspect someone is hoovering
ideas and comments from this list as well, or I'm making the
same comments here as Nominum invent.

I've always found ISC and Nominum very responsive, even when
I goof and ask a daft question.