Error messages during zone transfer

John Aughey ajh4 at cec.wustl.edu
Sat Jan 20 04:17:57 UTC 2001

I have a primary and secondary name server where the secondary gets the
name information from the master through a zone transfer.  When the
secondary starts up, I get the following error message in the log.  I get
the following 3 messages for each zone handled by this secondary.

Jan 19 22:11:03 ip2 ./named[1364]: dns_zone_load: zone washucsc.org/IN:
could not find NS and/or SOA records
Jan 19 22:11:03 ip2 ./named[1364]: dns_zone_load: zone washucsc.org/IN:
has 0 SOA records
Jan 19 22:11:03 ip2 ./named[1364]: dns_zone_load: zone washucsc.org/IN: no
NS records

What could be wrong?  I can post my zone file if that is helpful, but I
didn't want to clutter the list if it's not needed.  The secondary seems
to respond correctly, so it is working in spite of this message.

Thank you
John Aughey