Re: BIND 8.2.2-P7 doesn´t send notifies!?

Jeffrey C. Albro jeff at velvet.antistatic.com
Tue Jan 2 16:43:50 UTC 2001

named will send out it's request for a zone transfer on a random port
(usuall 1024-1028 on a debian linux box) unless otherwise set by the
transfer-source option.  That would give you spurious results if some of
those ports are blocked.  I suspect the notification always goes out on
port 53 as it does not seem to be specifed in the documentation.  Any
other hints people?

-Jeff