Reverse DNS and MTA auth

Chris McCluskey chrism at xnewmedia.com
Fri May 19 05:53:06 UTC 2000

So what woudl happen if you are running a set of machines, or mail servers
for that matter, that serve multiple domains. Since based on what I have
seen you can only have one PTR record for each address. If the PTR record
is set to foobar.org and the MTA is acting for neat-o.com, then the
neat-o.com message would be dropped, correct?