dns help/question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Feb 23 23:45:33 UTC 2000

sickmint79 at my-deja.com wrote:

> hello, i'm asking this in an attempt to help a
> friend - interNIC told him that his AFXR record
> was missing for some DNS thing he was apparently
> trying to do - and I can't find anything
> explaining to us what exactly the AFXR record
> even is.  Any help would be appreciated, please
> send e-mail, thank you!!

You need to be more specific, since there's no such thing as a "AFXR" or
even an "AXFR" record. But in the meantime I'll take a wild guess that
maybe your friend needs to change his "allow-xfer" statement so that the
slaves of the zone can do zone transfers and (if desired) clients can
list the zone contents. Do I get a prize?

- Kevin