dns help/question

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Feb 23 18:30:52 UTC 2000

In article <88vuj4$8hj$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <sickmint79 at my-deja.com> wrote:
>hello, i'm asking this in an attempt to help a
>friend - interNIC told him that his AFXR record
>was missing for some DNS thing he was apparently
>trying to do - and I can't find anything
>explaining to us what exactly the AFXR record
>even is.  Any help would be appreciated, please
>send e-mail, thank you!!

There's no such thing as an AXFR record.  When you specify AXFR as the
record type in dig, it's a request to perform a zone transfer of the entire
domain (the same thing as "ls" in nslookup).

To be of more help you're going to have to post the domain and the exact
complaint he got from InterNIC, not "some DNS thing".

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com