NT vs. Unix DNS

dreamwvr dreamwvr at dreamwvr.com
Thu Apr 20 16:28:49 UTC 2000

hi Martin,
               actually open source does address this..
see ..
"blinux" a project for the "blind"
                                                   Best Regards,
                                       dreamwvr at dreamwvr.com
> 	As a computer user and experimenter who is blind, I deal with
> this problem all the time.  UNIX was not written for blind people, but
> it was designed to allow for standard input and output so we can
> string things together in ways that the original developers never even
> dreamed of.  Without going in to long detail, suffice it to say that
> there are many UNIX users who are blind all over the world and they
> don't use it terribly differently than anybody else because it is so
> well designed that the fixes are rather easy and cheap to implement.
> There are even people working on making X windows work, but this is a
> tall order.  The reasons for this, however, are purely technical and I
> suspect that there will eventually be fixes that we can at least live
nctionality to this environment.

> 	Does one want to trust something as vital as a DNS to a
> company with an attitude like that?
>
> 	This business of the blind access does not concern most people
> at all.  Tomorrow, there may be some other design fault discovered
> in which you find yourself on the short end of the stick.
>
> 	It just seems that the open-source material has far less truly
> fatal defects in it and those that do show up are apt to be either
> fixed or well-documented quickly.
>
> Martin McCormick

************** DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL INTERNET SERVICES ****************
TOTAL DESIGN - DEVELOPMENT - INTEGRATION - SECURITY - Click Here..
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/services/MAX_SEC.html>
DREAMWVR.COM - The Console of Many... 90 Topics Covered
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr at dreamwvr.com>
->> LINUX-MANDRAKE Solution Provider and North American Distributor <<-
PRODUCT OF THE YEAR!
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/mandrake/mandrake-main.html>
"===0 PGP Key Available
*************** "As Unique as the Company You Keep." *****************
"If anyone speaks from DREAMWVR.COM its certainly not me:-)"