[Q]When specifying primary DNS server in networksolutions.com?

Kim joortp at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 07:36:57 UTC 2000

Hi All,

I hope somebody has an idea about this problem.

Last time I registered a domain(let's say , MYDNS.com)  with networksolution
Inc.
At that time, default DNS servers were speified by that company.

Now, I wanted to change Primary DNS server to my Server machine which has
static IP.
So, I created MYDNS.com's zone with my mahine's DNS server and added a
host(ns.MYDNS.com) to the zone.
After that, when I specified my Server machin's IP for the DNS server in
TCP/IP properties and  tested like 'ping ns.MYDNS.com', it worked well.

But,  going to Networksolutions\manu,makechanges , typing ns.MYDNS.com and
my Server machine's IP for Primary DNS Server and finally pressing 'submit
button,  its response  was:
"Hostname entered is not authorized. It should associate with at least one
domain in your account. Please try again. "

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my scheme?

TIA