Bind 8.2.2P5 on FreeBSD 4.0

stuart nichols stu at stac.state.tx.us
Sat Apr 1 20:53:23 UTC 2000

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Rinaldi Ariesta R wrote:

> Does Bind 8.2.2.P5 run well on FreeBSD 4.0 ? I tried to upgrade my O/S
> and my Bind version, but the named didn't run well....It failed to load
> its old configuration, and i couldn't even list the primary zone using
> nslookup...

I am running 8.2.2.P5 (which is what came with 4.0-RELEASE of FreeBSD)
since March 22, with no problems.  You don't say what version of Bind
you were using before.  Where you running some earlier version of
FreeBSD?  If you were running a bind version 4.xxx then there are
major differences in the configuration file.  If you were running
and earlier version of bind 8.xxx then there may be some minor tweeks
to make.  Show us the errors that appear in /var/log/messages
when you try to start named.

stu
State Technology Assessment Center