BIND 9.11.0 – Second Alpha
BIND 9.11.0 is a new feature train, with a many changes and new features. We are hoping to get a lot of people testing this, but please, don’t run the alpha in a critical production system.
New features in BIND 9.11.0 included in the first alpha:
- dyndb interface, a high performance database back end interface, contributed by our friends at RedHat
- DNSSEC negative trust anchors, a very helpful tool for temporarily dealing with DNSSEC operational issues
- Support for the DNSTAP query and response logging system. DNSTAP is developed by Robert Edmonds of Farsight Security.
- A bias towards preferring DNS services over IPv6, where they are available
- Performance improvements
THIS ALPHA IS CURRENTLY PLANNED TO ONLY FIX BUGS IN THE FIRST ALPHA, NOT ADD NEW FEATURES
Additional features added in the third alpha:
- Catalog zones, a new provisioning method that enables you to add a new zone on the Master only. The slaves or secondary servers will pick up both the new zone and the zone’s contents from the Master
- DNSSEC Key Manager, a new utility that will automate managing zone signing key rollovers
Registration Register for this Event