BIND 9.11.0 Final release (planned date)
BIND 9.11.0 is a new feature train, with a many changes and new features. New features in BIND 9.11.0 include:
- Catalog zones, a new provisioning method that enables you to add and delete new zones on the Master only. The slaves or secondary servers will pick up both the new zone and the zone’s contents from the Master.
- DNSSEC negative trust anchors, a very helpful tool for temporarily dealing with DNSSEC operational issues
- Support for the DNSTAP query and response logging system. DNSTAP is developed by Robert Edmonds.
- A bias towards preferring DNS services over IPv6, where they are available
- DNSSEC Key Manager, a new utility that will automate managing zone signing key rollovers
- dyndb interface, a plug-in for high performance database back ends, contributed by our friends at RedHat
- Performance improvements
Registration Register for this Event