DHCPv6 - add IA_NA to Confirm reply

Miloslav Hůla miloslav.hula at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 12:21:17 UTC 2024

Hi,

I'm running ISC DHCPv6 server on Debian (4.4.3-P1-2). Is there any
possibility to add IA_NA option into Reply message sent by server as a
response to Confirm message from client? By global or per-client
configuration?

Currently client sends Confirm with IA_NA option (IPv6 address included)
and server replies with Reply without IA_NA option. Reply contains only
Option 13 (Status code) with code = 0 (Success) and text "All addresses
still on link."

I think that's correct but I'm debugging DHCP snooping feature on a
network switch and I would like to know the behaviour on Reply with
IA_NA option.

Best regards
Milo