isc-dhcpd project fork

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Mon Nov 6 17:34:21 UTC 2023

On 11/6/2023 10:31 AM, Carsten Strotmann wrote:
> Hi Vicky,
> Hi List,
>
> dhcpcd is probably the best alternative to ISC dhclient for Unix(ish) operating systems:
>
> https://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd

I tried dhcpcd.  It seems to have a problem in that it throws up an
error message after 15 or so lease renewals:

dhcpcd[3823]: route socket overflowed (rcvbuflen 8192) - learning
interface state

I looked at the support forum, and it looks like the dhcpcd people are
blaming anything but dhcpcd for the cause of that error message.

So, I'm back to the unsupported isc-dhcp-client.

At least it works. ...

thx.