dhclient failed to send packet (DHCPRELEASE) on Debian 11

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:33:06 UTC 2023

I would say to take this to a Debian mailing list.  dhclient is being commanded by Debian to send a release.  I think you are probably right about it being a timing issue (ie: sometimes trying to send after the interface is down).  You could probably find a shell script somewhere that is actually performing these actions and maybe even fix it. Then you’d have something to show the Debian developers as well.