DISCOVERs from "unkown network segment" - suppress log messages?

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:44:52 UTC 2022

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 3:33 AM Christina Siegenthaler <tina at ieu.uzh.ch> wrote:

> I just noticed that since I added that subnet declaration, my DHCP server, though it ignores DISCOVERs and REQUESTs, has started to answer to INFORMs in that subnet - could that be a problem?

That could be a problem, yes, depending on configuration differences
between your networks.  The clients could get information that is only
valid on your network (DNS servers and other options, if exist).
Likely, they won't, as their DHCP server is probably closer and so
they receive that answer first, but it is a risk.