DDNS updates for zone having multiple primary servers

glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue Mar 30 04:53:13 UTC 2021

Hi Kraishak

option domain-name-servers <Server1>, <Server2>;

This sets the list of DNS servers to be used by the client for looking
up DNS entries. It is not related to DDNS updates. In a large network,
for example, you may want this to point to local DNS servers. If your
authoritative DNS only lists public IPs then you might want to point to
the Google DNS (8.8.8.8, etc) on the clients.

For the zone setting, have you had a look at the dhcpd.conf man page, in
particular the section titled "DYNAMIC DNS UPDATE SECURITY" where it
explains the syntax and behaviour.

It's not clear whether it is a comma separated list of secondaries, or
multiple secondary statements with a single address.

regards,
Glenn