Struggling with classes not work

Mark Mc Nicholas markmcn at section9.ie
Tue Jan 5 12:11:37 UTC 2021

Hey Simon,
Thanks for the suggestion,
I've just tried a very quick check changing the match statement to " match
if vendor-class-identifier = "Mips_boot";"
however from a very quick glance the result looked the same as the device
didn't boot and I saw no log lines "Devboot" on the console.
I will do a more detailed check this evening. I still welcome input from
other users please
Cheers
Mark

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 11:50 AM Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Mark Mc Nicholas <markmcn at section9.ie> wrote:
>
> > class "Devboot"{
> >         match if option vendor-class-identifier = "Mips_boot";
> >         next-server 192.168.20.10;
> >         log (info,"Devboot");
> > }
>
> Is it "option vendor-class-identifier" or just "vendor-class-identifier" ?
> I'm a bit rusty, and TBH never really used classes much anyway, but I
> vaguely recall that "option vendor-class-identifier" would be the option
> value set by the server, while "vendor-class-identifier" would match the
> field in the incoming packet.
>
> Simon

Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop.