can dhcpd keep working when encountering a syntax error

Philippe Maechler plcmaechler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:02:41 UTC 2020

we use the -t option (syntax check) to check if the conf file looks ok and
if so, then we restart the service. if the syntax is not ok, we report the
error by mail

the downside to this is, that the daemon reports the copyright notice and
an unexpirienced worker tought, that there is a problem because the service
was so often restarted. we did adjust the logging and now everything works
fine

hth
philippe

Pat Dery <patrick.fortin at derytelecom.ca> schrieb am Mi., 2. Sept. 2020,