running dhclient for more than one interface

Fatemeh Mehdizadeh mehdizadeh.fatemeh at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:10:03 UTC 2020

Hi all,
I installed isc-dhcp-client version 4.4.1 on my Freebsd system. I want to
run dhclient for more than one interfaces, but only one interface get the
ip and the other encountered an error.

This is the command:
dhclient -nw  em1 -lf /var/run/routing/dhclient.leases.em1
dhclient -nw  em2 -lf /var/run/routing/dhclient.leases.em2

for em2 I have error:
Listening on BPF/em2/00:90:28:01:aa:bb
Sending on   BPF/em2/00:90:28:01:aa:bb
Can't bind to dhcp address: Address already in use
Please make sure there is no other dhcp server
running and that there's no entry for dhcp or
bootp in /etc/inetd.conf.   Also make sure you
are not running HP JetAdmin software, which
includes a bootp server.

Is it possible to have more than one dhclient binary instance on my system?

Please help me to find the solution.