Strange configuration problem

Petar Kozić petar.kozic at mint.rs
Wed Jan 15 19:23:14 UTC 2020

Thank you. I solved problem with pools and known-clients directive.

*—*

*Petar Kozić*

On January 15, 2020 at 4:23:13 PM, Bruce Hudson (bruce.hudson at dal.ca) wrote:

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 09:30:07AM +0100, Petar Kozić wrote:

> I tried this, but if I remove range from config, my virtual host can’t
get
> IP during boot.
>
> When virtual machine boot and I log onto it I can see there is no IP
> address assign. If I run dhclient command in virtua machine IP assigned.
>
> Really strange problems with this dhcp server.

You have not included any logs so it is difficult to say what the server
is doing. Overlapping dynamic IP ranges with static assignments is
generally
a bad idea but I cannot see it causing the symptoms you described.

It is possible that your clients are, at least under some circumstances,
including a client identifier in their requests. That will over-ride the
MAC
address and cause it to get a dynamic assignment (assuming one is available
of course). The logs should tell you if that is the case.

The other issue I noticed is that some of your ethernet addresses
are not in fact valid hexadecimal.

myhost4 == D6:9R...
myhost5 == 06:BW...

That may just be a submission error.
--
Bruce A. Hudson | Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
ITS, Networks and Systems |