dhcp concept and code part

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 19:16:26 UTC 2020

Please don't top post, and please change the subject line if you reply to the digest - that's just good netiquette.

Kunal Chauhan <atkunalchauhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi My point was I have linux board basically which is act as an acces point which will get some ips from server  as it will boot up  so want to implement DHCP functionality to it.

> Yes I basically want DHCP over linux board

So basically you want to run a DHCP client on a GNU/Linux system ? That's a solved problem - you have a choice of clients (one of them being the ISC client) you can use, already there, ready to install from your distro's repository.

If you have a problem, then you'll need to explain what it is because I don't see any problem at the moment.

Simon