Peer rebalancing problems

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 17:41:09 UTC 2019

Chris Buxton <clists at buxtonfamily.us> wrote:

>> Just to confirm ... remove the failover declaration from one server,
>> and the entire subnet from the other server?

> You may also need to clean up the dhcpd.leases file, to remove failover-related states and such.

Won't that be automatic ?
Removing the subnet entirely from one server will cause it to delete all the lease information it holds for that subnet. Won't removing the failover declaration from the other server trigger it to remove the failover state from it's leases ?

It's a question, not a statement dressed as a question. I haven't used failover - but I have seen leases cleaned out on removing a subnet (or reducing a pool/range) declaration. So removing failover stuff from leases would be a logical thing to happen if the failover declaration is removed.

Simon