Dhcp load testing

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 18:21:19 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone,

I am using the isc dhcpd on my lab environment so before I use it to my
workshop, I want to try load test on it. I created the configuration with
sufficient long pool, I tried running perfdhcp tool for load testing as
suggested in many google forums and I observed that at a maximum of 10-14
transactions per second(tried with other different tools also), If I
increase load the packets are getting dropped, I don't think that is
benchmark of ISC dhcp, can any one has idea or any suggestions of how can i
increase load handling capacity of the dhcpd service
FYI: I diabled ping check
Ping check false;
Ping time out 0;
The above two statements already added to my config file.

Thanks