omapi protocal issue

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 14:11:49 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am running the isc dchp service on my local system, every thing was
working fine, I have few changes to the config file so I stopped the dhcpd,
made the changes and restarted the dhcpd
but it is not.
dhcpd service is not being started and it in the logs it says that
*Can't start OMAPI protocol: address not available*
Again I stopped and started the service (with no changes) this time it
worked, I tried with one more trial of stopping and starting it gave the
same issue , There is no change in the config this time still it gave the
error and worked after couple of trials, Not sure whats the issue, Does any
one face similar issue? how do I get out of this?
omapi-port 7911;
omapi-key omapi_key;
key omapi_key {
         algorithm HMAC-MD5;
         secret
"7lvD/Ofr3CanqLHEyaxpmIQHa29diJYMdP201uk3JzMcH/6PtykyJAg/+xOhXH3PJU7eLpEerY/SowQnFqfZ0w==";
}

Thanks in advance.