eth0: not responding (recovering)

Surya Teja suryateja042 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:23:07 UTC 2019

Hi Bill
I non-failover DHCP server doesn't have any "failover peer" stanza in the
/var/log/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases file ---->
Sorry for typo in my previous email
The environment became most problematic none of the servers are granting
leases to devices On the primary lease file it says
my state partner-down
peer state recovery
----> Its not peer it is  partner state

 A working failover lease file has at the top ----->
I can see at multiple places in the dhcpd.lease file specifying about these
states appended with time stamp saying like
failover peer "dhcp-peer-workspace1" state {
  my state recover at *3 2019/10/09 14:23:41;*
  partner state unknown-state *at 3 2019/10/09 14:23:41;*
}

failover peer "dhcp-peer- workspace1 " state {
  my state recover at *3 2019/10/09 14:23:41;*
  partner state unknown-state at *3 2019/10/09 14:23:41*;
}
server-duid "\000\001\000\001%0\251\355\000PV\207D\342";
failover peer "dhcp-peer- workspace1 " state {
  my state recover at 3 2019/10/09 14:23:41;
  partner state unknown-state at 3 2019/10/09 14:23:41;
}
 Try shutting down both the primary and secondary servers, remove the
"failover peer" stanza---->
Yes I tried this,I shut down the failover and on primary,  I removed the
failover config part totally from the config file
Stopped the dhcpd and deleted the lease file and again touch the lease file
then restarted the DHCP it worked as expected,

The moment I bring the failover appliances up and add the failover section
to the primary config file and restart the dhcpd  on the primary  the issue
starts.
First the failover logs says it is in recovery mode ok, So i thought as it
has to sync the primary it is in recovery mode. After some span of
time on the primary appliance lease file I see
my state partner-down
partner state recovery
Thus comes the issues, and these are running in for ever condition the
status are not getting updated in any of the appliance lease file
 Is it ok if I edit the lease file manually and make it normal ?