Best practice assigning ip addresses to containers (that can have multiple instances)

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Sun Aug 11 16:52:02 UTC 2019

For tls communication I need to have correct task names. I was thinking
of using the dhcp-client-identifier to have tasks request a pre reserved
ip range, from which they will receive an ip address and dns has already
been setup for these addresses.

Currently I have just a shared-network configured and a group with some
host entries that give a fixed-addresses based on a hardware ethernet.

What would be the easiest way to realize that multiple instances of the
ldap server can be launched having all the same hostname ldap.local they
would get an ip address from the set 192.168.1.1,
192.168.1.2,192.168.1.3,192.168.1.4 based on the client id they are
sending via dhcp.

I saw the dhcpd.conf man page, do I need to do this with
classes/subclasses or is there some other simple option?