Are global directives needed in additional dhcpd conf files?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Sep 10 14:07:01 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-08-20 at 14:31 -0400, Bob Harold wrote:
> That brings to mind a question - for DNS (BIND) I can use "named-
> checkconf -p" to print out a 'named.conf' file that has all the
> 'includes' processed, and comes out as one big file, so I can verify
> that it is actually getting what I expected.
>
> Is there an equivalent of "named-checkconf -p" for dhcpd ?

I'm not aware of any built in, but we wrote a small shell script that
recursively parses the configuration and dumps with line numbers in the
order things are included.

  https://kelvin.rathlev.dk/dhcpd-dump-config

It's probably not the most efficient but for our current ~10000 line
configuration it's good enough, about half a second on our servers.

If you need the configuration without file names and line numbers then
just replace "-n" with "-h" in the grep command.

--
Peter