how to upgrade the failover pair?

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Thu May 31 08:35:27 UTC 2018

This is a layman's opinion as i've not done the described procedure below, but I would think you would want to retain the dhcpd.leases file from the secondary and primary and put those back after re-install.

In other words, do not attempt to copy leases file from primary to secondary as you listed in steps below, but rather retain the dhcpd.leases file from the original install. Copy that file back into place before you start the DHCP server on the secondary.

I think there are some differences between the primary and secondary leases files such that you would not want one copied to the other.