Catastrophic failure and recovery

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Mon Jun 25 17:48:18 UTC 2018

The way you describe is how it would work if you didn't have failover setup at all.  With failover setup, the "new" server, when it connects to the existing, will get a list of all the current leases and such.  It will then enter the "recover" period where it won't hand any leases out.  "Recover" is the length of MCLT (from the failover configuration).  Once that period is passed, both servers will operate as normal.