stateless DHCPv6 only, how to get rid of "unable to pick client address"

Marc Haber mh+dhcp-users at zugschlus.de
Tue Nov 21 11:41:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 03:17:57PM +0400, Brice Abba wrote:
> -1- add a pool then to the network,

resulting in a second "dynamic" IP address on _every_ host. I'd like to
avoid that.

> -2- Hosts with the fix address might then have two IPs from the same subnet,

All host will have at least two IPv6 addresses then: The dynamic IPv6
learned via SLAAC, the dynamic IPv6 address from the DHCP pool, and -
optionally - any static host addresses from the host statement.

> if you sont want (2) you can deny from the server dhcp-sol from partucular
> LLA (hots with fixed IPs)

Can I have a blanket deny that applies to all hosts that are not
explicitly listed? How would I write that? Having to list a deny for
every host present on the network is explicitly what I'd like to avoid.

Greetings
Marc