"domain-name" (option 15) content-sensitive

Ken Johnson kjohnson at eclypse.org
Wed Nov 15 21:19:09 UTC 2017

All,

Using version 4.4.2 on old-stable Debian system.

I observe that if I set

  domain-name = "eclypse.org"

then "eclypse.org" is returned in option 15 to clients.

If I set

  domain-name = "eclypse.local"

then no option 15 is returned to clients.

A search for ".local" in the dhcp-users archive returned no hits.

"dhcpd -t" makes no complaint about the configuration file.  I have not
figured out any way to make dhcpd more verbose in the log file; currently I
receive these log message types in daemon.log:

DHCPACK
DHCPDISCOVER
DHCPINFORM
DHCPNAK
DHCPOFFER
DHCPREQUEST

Yes, I know that ".local" is reserved to mDNS.  I do not (yet) get to make
all of these decisions.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Regards,

Ken