Unable to send Vendor Specific options from Server

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Tue Nov 14 18:11:09 UTC 2017

FYI:

We have confirmed this is indeed an issue and we are working on a
correction for it that will certainly be in 4.4.0 (our next feature
release) which is due out Q1-2018.  The patch for ticket 29246 which was
part of 4.3.5 and made it possible for FQDN to be sent back to an V6
client, apparently broke the functionality for fetching option 17.

We may have a patch for 4.3.6 available for testing prior to that.  In
the meantime, we apologize for any grief this may be causing you.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder

ISC Software Engineering