Point DHCP clients to failover servers

Jonathan Baize jon at baize.org
Fri Dec 15 15:35:03 UTC 2017

This is going to be network infrastructure specific.  If it is your
wireless controller that routes the broadcast packets from the clients then
that is where you add the additional IP.  Both servers need to get DHCP
broadcast packets, the DHCP servers have algorithms that determine who will
respond.  On routers this is typically called DHCP helper addresses.
Contact you wireless controller vendor, or network team/vendor, support for
assistance.