DHCP Server and Client on same interface

Patrick Trapp ptrapp at nex-tech.com
Tue Aug 22 16:07:14 UTC 2017

It sounds like you want the DHCP server to be getting its address from itself - if that's correct, I have to ask what you are hoping to accomplish, because I'm not creative enough to understand why that would be desirable.

I believe Eugene is assuming that you want the server to obtain an address from a different DHCP server on one interface while providing DHCP service on a second interface.