DHCPv6 / omshell / OMAPI ?

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Fri Aug 18 15:22:24 UTC 2017

On 8/18/17 10:57 AM, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:43:32AM -0400, perl-list wrote:
>> I plan to move to Kea in the future. There are currently two showstoppers for me:
>>
>> 1) no equivalent to shared-network {} such that serving several different relayed networks is not possible.
>> 2) no equivalent to allow / deny statements.
> 3) no support for failover (last time I looked, I must admit)
Rather than implement two failover protocols,  Kea will address this
area with High Availability configuration, which will rely partly on
RDBMs replication.   We will be ironing that out in Kea 1.4.

> It is quite frustrating to see the plug pulled on the legacy product
> whiel the nwe product is not yet feature-par. I do understand that is
> much more fun to work on cool new things instead of supporting legacy
> stuff, but as a user I feel abanoned.
We aren't pulling the plug exactly.  Maintenance releases 4.3.6 and
4.1-ESV-R15 just went out 7/31.   Our next feature release, 4.4.0 is due
out January '18.   We are just unlikely to add major new undertakings.
A few things likely going into 4.4.0:

1. A hybrid behavior we're calling "dual-stack mixed-mode" for DDNS in
dual-stack environments with non-compliant clients.
2. dhcp-cache-threshold for V6.
3. EUI-64/DUID based address allocation
4. A handful of issues regarding v6 prefix delegation