DHCPv6 PD oddity with client changing prefix size.

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 09:47:57 UTC 2017

Tim DeNike <tim at denike.us> wrote:

> #1 reason.  We had a couple of consumer routers that wouldn't take
> anything other than a /64.  I honestly can't remember what brand they
> were.

Well I suppose that's not too bad a reason.

I suspect that they'd be interested in feedback over at v6ops list <v6ops at ietf.org>, https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops - especially if you can name and shame the manufacturer responsible. I know there's recently been some work on a standards (or could be BCP) document specifying what consumer routers should do/be capable of.
I think "router unable to accept other than a single /64 prefix" could be considered a hindrance to IPv6 takeup.