help me explain

Cuttler, Brian R (HEALTH) brian.cuttler at health.ny.gov
Fri Oct 21 19:59:16 UTC 2016

Thank you Simon.

In this case it looks like I can remove all zone entries then.

The DHCP server and the dynamic dns master live on the same box and I've established nsupdate keys, and the dns master talks to the slave servers for zone transfers, but I specified masters and allow-transfers, so things are reasonably secure.

If I was on the other side of the FW or in the DMZ it would need to be tighter but I think we are ok this way.

I'll looke to remove the "zone" commands for the dhcpd.conf file, the simpler the better, at least until security issues begin to loom.

Thanks and have a great weekend,
Brian