DHCPD 4.1.1-P1 Occasional Segfault

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Oct 5 09:36:05 UTC 2016

The root cause is poor code in a very old version.

The simple fix is to run a newer version, I'm sure there are RPMs around
for newer ones that don't have that problem.

I think this might be the bug, fixed around 4.2.0. This is from the
RELNOTES file distributed with the source.

! Two packets were found that cause a server to halt.  The code
  has been updated to properly process or reject the packets as
  appropriate.  Thanks to David Zych at University of Illinois
  for reporting this issue.  [ISC-Bugs #24960]
  One CVE number for each class of packet.
  CVE-2011-2748
  CVE-2011-2749

But if you're going to patch the code and recompile, just go to the newer
version.

regards,
-glenn