Option 82 logging on dhcpd 4.1.1 and red hat 6

project722 project722 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:27:47 UTC 2016

Hello DHCP experts! We are implementing Option 82 in our network and I am
just scratching the surface of how to setup my server. I have successfully
created my first Option 82 ACL based on the agent circuit ID that is
contained in the packet, now I just need guidance on how I get the Option
82 data into the logs. Here is my O82 setup on the server:

## Option 82 Class
class "myvendor" {
match if option agent.circuit-id = 00:04:00:6b:00:84;
}

# Test Option 82 logging
if exists agent.circuit-id
{
log (info, concat( "Lease for ", option agent.circuit-id (leased-address),
"is an address assigned using Option82"));
}

pool {
                allow members of "myvendor";
                range x.x.x.x x.x.x.x;
        }

The problem I am having is when I go to check the conf before restarting
dhcpd I am getting the error:

etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf line 135: right parenthesis expected.
log (info, concat( "Lease for ", option agent.circuit-id (
                                                          ^
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix this error?