Silencing output when scripts execute

Jeffrey Lane jeff at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 3 21:29:29 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> hi,
>
>>Is there a way to silence those lines?  They seem rather debuggish,
>>and on my production system my syslog files are being flooded with 16
>>lines of "execute_statement" messages for every single lease assigned.
>
> what syslog system are you using? with eg rsyslog you can do a very simple
> regex pattern match to ignore those entries and not log them (or log them
> to another server or log them to another file....)... /^execute_statement argv/

Hi Alan,

Sheesh... I'm using rsyslog and that didn't even occur to me.  Thanks
for pointing it out!

> alan

Jeff Lane - Server Certification Lead, Tools Developer, Warrior Poet,
Lover of Pie
Ubuntu Ham: W4KDH
Freenode IRC: bladernr or bladernr_
gpg: 1024D/3A14B2DD 8C88 B076 0DD7 B404 1417  C466 4ABD 3635 3A14 B2DD