Rebalance leases?

Rasmus Edgar regj at arch-ed.dk
Tue May 31 12:55:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

Background:
I am running an ISC DHCP 4.3.3 failover setup.

Recently we had a major breakdown, which meant that one of the DHCP
partners was down for many hours.

We manually set the partner-down state for the dead server on the
remaining server, because it still saw the dead partner as alive.

When the dead server came back, the partner and local state quickly
returned to normal state and everything looked fine.

Problem:
The problem is that the server which kept serving leases, now holds most
of the (90%+) and I would like to rebalance these leases between the
servers.

How do I best achieve this?

Br,
Rasmus