Failover static and dynamic lease

Patrick Trapp ptrapp at nex-tech.com
Wed May 25 19:34:04 UTC 2016

What sort of redundancy do you seek? Do you want the second system to automatically provide addresses if the first system fails? Or are you OK with manually starting the replacement server?

Also, having an identical copy of the dhcpd.conf is one thing, but it doesn't hold your lease information, of course.

I would suggest failover if you really want redundancy, but I won't be much help configuring it as I inherited mine and have made almost no changes to it.

Patrick