Is there a way to declare static hosts more smartest?

Vladimir Skubriev skubriev at cvisionlab.com
Tue May 24 13:42:03 UTC 2016

Thank you.

I don't want to use DDNS. I just got rid of it )

I want to bind host ip with ip resolved by dhcpd server from DNS.

I want to keep data about relation of host and ip address in static DNS
zone. So to manually correct it, when neccessary.

To be honest my current ddns setup (you described it as second option) is
not stable within a few years of operation. Errors occur frequently
(YXDOMAIN, NXRRSET and so on). I have to constantly keep track of errors in
syslog and manually edit zone to remove a,txt records if something is
changed in the network (i.e client changed ip, not released ip an so on).

I can't find info what information is stored in txt records. It would be
cool if someone suggested ))

So I was disappointed in ddns ((.

Excusme for bad english. )