Sporatic failure to renew

Friesen, Don MTIC:EX Don.Friesen at gov.bc.ca
Tue Mar 1 21:51:32 UTC 2016

   Has anyone had the experience of having Windows 7 fail to renew the initial 20 minute lease that is offered by the peer configuration?  Would Windows 7 be sensitive to packet lag?  How much time between does Windows 7 allow between REQUEST and ACK?

Background:

We are configured to hand out leases that range from 4 hours to 2 weeks.

A set of sites have last had their desktops imaged to Windows 7 about 6 years ago, no changes since then.

We have been using ISC DHCP for 10 years, but recently relocated our servers to another city.

Shortly after that a small percentage of these Window 7 desktops would sporadically not renew the 20 minute initial lease that the peer configuration hands out.

Don Friesen