RNDC problem

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Feb 3 16:11:38 UTC 2016

Is there a known issue doing RNDC from ISC DHCP 4.1 to ISC  BIND 9.9.5?

I've got a case where I'm trying to get a UBNT Edge Router [ISC DHCPd 4.1ESV] to update a bind server running on Ubuntu 14 [ISC BIND 9.9.5] and I keep getting BADKEY debug logs when it tries to update BIND with DDNS entries.

I've cranked the RNDC key multiple times and verified it's the same on both ends. There _are_ some weird gyrations you have to go through to configure it on the Edge Router side - and those may well be the source of the problem - but I wanted to make sure there wasn't some known interop issue I wasn't aware of.

TIA
-Greg